What an awesome day! I did start the day out at church. The kids stayed home with Daddy. I only went to the worship portion and it was amazing. Each song was lead by a different individual. There was a real richness displayed that morning. I enjoyed seeing so many unique giftings coming out. When I got home after church Matt and I got the boys ready and then just sat and played with them. We worked really hard on Saturday to get everything ready so Sunday would be as stress free as possible. Before the party actually started we had planned to have Matt and Jen come over and take family pictures so that we'd have them before Sara goes off to Costa Rica. That went surprisingly smoothly and we came out of it with three really great photos.
We finally were ready to dig into the pizza and the room was complete chaos with Cole and Sara wrestling and everyone talking at once. I announced that Henry was going to pray for the food and stood him up on the chair next to me. Before I realized it, he started his sweet prayer, "Dear God, dank you for da food, and dank you for da family dat come to da pawdy." When he hesitated I jumped in and said,"bless little Josh on his birthday. In Jesus name we pray." And Henry added,"Aaaaaa-men!". Amazingly I did not prep him for this and was so surprised that he was not shy or embarrassed in the slightest. It was, I think, my most proud and meaningful moment as a parent so far!
Josh's party was wonderful and I could not have asked for a better day!