May 7, 2013

Josh - 2 Years Old and Talking.... A lot!

Sitting at the table for dinner one night...
Josh:  "Mom and Dad, I'm amazing and I'm funny too!"


After dinner, Henry had gotten down to lay on the pillows. He turned down chocolate pudding initially, but suddenly changed his mind...
Josh said to Henry: "Come on back up here in your seat, buddy.  You can do it little buddy.  Good job, you did it all by yourself!"


One of Josh's favorite sayings...
Josh: "I'm da bad guy!"
Of course, he is also making his signature "bad guy" face.


At the end of his nap recently, he yelled from his room...
Josh: "MOM...I got poop all over da pwace!"
After retrieving and of course finding that he had stuck his hands down his pants, he marched upstairs saying, "I got poop all over my butt!  THE END!"


When Henry first got his trach, he was coughing quite a bit.  When Josh first came to see his brother in the hospital, he was so kind and compassionate.  Every time Henry coughed, Josh said in the sweetest voice, "It's ok Henwee, it's just a cough.  You're gonna get better.  It's just a cough."


During one of Henry's visits home from the hospital, he was feeling sick to his stomach.  He laid on the floor pillows during dinner and we were concerned he was going to get sick.  We kept asking him if he felt ok and Josh joined us although he was a little off-base about the symptoms.
Josh: "Henwee, you feel sick?  You need suction?"
He has heard us ask Henry so many times about his suction, he probably assumed it was a cure all to suction.


Before we found out that our newest addition would be our first little baby girl, I was certainly feeling quite inpatient, wanting to find out as soon as possible what it would be.  One day I asked Josh...
Mom: "Josh, do you think Mommy has a girl baby or a boy baby in her belly?"
Josh: "A sister."
Mom:  "How do you know, Josh?"
Josh: "Mommy told me."
Mom: "Honey, Mommy doesn't know.  Right now, only God knows."
Josh (looking up with an inquisitive look on his face): "God, does Mommy have a boy baby or a sister? What?  A sister.  Ok."
Josh to Mom: "He said a sister."