Apr 19, 2012
Joshua Update
I rarely post anything about Josh, but it's not for lack of material. It's just more difficult to capture on paper the hilarious things Josh does because he doesn't talk a lot yet. He does say a few key things to help him get his way. He says, "dank oooh mama!" ALL THE TIME! And even when he wants to thank someone else, he still says, "dank ooh ma-ma, da-da" or "dank ooh ma-ma, Hen-ee". He is just the cutest thing with his big toothy grin. And oh how he loves to be chased and make people laugh. I truly believe that he is going to be a real comedian someday. He is very much a leader too. I see him start little chants with Henry all the time and often times Henry will copy what he is doing rather than the other way around. For being the little brother, he certainly knows how to command attention. I'm sure part of it has to do with his VERY loud voice. He takes after his Mommy and has a serious set of lungs on him. There are many mornings he wakes up before Henry and screams Henry's name until he wakes him up. (Not my favorite morning routine.) When I look at Josh I am amazed at how fast time has gone. I cannot believe that he is a year old already. My attempts to record all of the wonderful memories we've had together so far are feeble. I pray that God will preserve my memories with my family in my mind because my records are truly lacking. I thank God for these times of joy.